Monday, January 19, 2009

Killing Us Softly

The title is sort of true. The Media is slowly degrading the way women and men view themselves, though women are clearly targeted more visciously than men. I never knew how bad women had it until I viewed the film, which is a number of years old. I can only imagine it's getting worse and harder to tell what it negative and positive as time goes on. The most interesting point I saw was how different male nudity is to female nudity. It is considered appalling if men show off their junk, but it is just scandalous if women do. I don't mind not seeing male nudity, but its strange how this became to be. It probably has something to do with how women can be bisexual, but men can't as easily (that's a whole notha' topic). Overall I thought it put a good light on what to be aware of. I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the series.

2 comments:

Michael Flaherty said...

I never thought about the title before, It's a little intense

Lindsey R said...

I agree. Women are much more targeted than men. Alot of women feel the pressure of media, but its something that we have grown used to.

good post :)