Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Metamorphosis

Change is happening everywhere. Little or massive, our actions are change, and our thoughts are growth. After reading Metamorphosis, I had a hard time finding the symbols for what I thought Kafka was trying to explain, and it wasn't until I learned he had tuberculosis that I realized what he was conveying. His way of saying that he felt apart from everyone was that he was a beetle that everyone tried to be nice to. Even though he was still Kafka, his family and friends obviously took his illness as a sign of being tainted. Kafka was forced to live in a sanitarium and that was the symbol for being locked away in his room. Everything connects and somehow this bizarre story makes sense as a metaphor. Wow Kafka, you blow me away.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I like the last line of your blog the best. It was a nice way to wrap it up haha. But way to look into the reading more closely and really take something from it...