Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SL-V

At first I imagined this book to be more of a historical and personable account of the Dresden fire-bombing, but instead it's taking a turn I never expected. As the book carries on, Billy's journey to Tralfamadore becomes much more clear and even possible, though he obviously unstable at home. I can see the story going to where I am questioning whether Billy's abduction is real or its just a story Billy believes. I'm still very skeptical, but it's so descriptive and real, that's it hard to imagine that Pilgrim is making it up. This story is much like the movie K-pax, where the protaganist Prote believes he is from the planet K-pax, and he is found by police and taken to a psychiatric facility. Throughout the story you get hints of both arguments, but the question still remains at the end of the movie, whether he was an alien or not. This reminds me a lot of Billy Pilgrim and where the story is going.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

After the first chapter I thought it might be more a historical book as well. It is also difficult for me to believe that he could be abducted by aliens, but there is a lot of evidence supporting it. I think the alien story is included in the book to give us more lessons about how time isn't that important and that we can never die.